LAS VEGAS, Nev. - The Pacific swim and dive team rallied to a second place finish following day three of the the UNLV Winter Invite.
In total, the men's and women's team combined for 1,110 points securing a second place finish out of the nine teams competing. The men's placed third with 588 points and the women's would go on to finish fourth with 522. UCSB would go on to win the meet with a combined score of 1,811.50.
In Case You Missed It:
- Brigid McNally swam a well-paced 1650 free event to kick off the day for the Tigers. The junior had the two fastest split times in her final two sprints to end the mile (30.47, 30.27). This was her first individual win of the meet and third top-three finish of the weekend.
- Dylan Toy (50.06), Yahav Shahaf (51.51), and Jan Schlegel (51.73) carried the men's team in the 100 IM placing second, fifth, and seventh respectively in the A-final.
- Angela Gagliardo replaced her program-record mark last season in the 200 breaststroke event posting a time of 2:13.79 for a second place finish. Kelsey Lloyd would also finish in seventh place with a time of 2:18.15 in the A-final.
- Both teams would finish out the weekend in the 400 free relay. The women's team of McNally, Taylor Hosmer, Allie Emery, Meredith Lillie would finish fourth clocking in a time of 3:26.33. Toy, Mason Miller, Daniel Larson, and David Noyes closed out the 400 relay with a third place finish and time of 2:57.87.
- The mens' relay teams would snag a first place victory in the 200 medley relay on Friday.
- Angela Gagliardo shed two tenths of a second off her original program-record time of 2:13.94 at Buchanan Natorium on Saturday. Gagliardo's time is also a season-best for her this year.
- Brigid McNally earned first place in the 1650 free (16:49.51). The Ventura, Calif. native had the second fastest time in the women's 500 free event on Thursday with a 4:53.86 time.
- Dylan Toy posted the fastest split time in the men's 100 IM event. The senior's 27.07 split time on his final sprint would land him a second place finish with a final time of 50.06.
Up Next For the Tigers:
- The Tigers take a break from action and resume competition following the New Year with a dual meet at Stanford.
- UOP will travel to Palo Alto, CA for their meet with the Cardinal on January 11th.
- The meet between the two teams is set for 11:00 AM.