STOCKTON, Calif. – The Pacific men's basketball team (6-4) is set to host Division II University of Texas-Permian Basin Wednesday night at the Alex G. Spanos Center.
vs. UT-Permian Basin
Wednesday, December 5, 2018
7:00 p.m. • Alex G. Spanos Center
Last Time Out
- Pacific downed Air Force, 82-69, to improve to 2-0 all-time against the Falcons.
- The Tigers held the edge in rebounds (30-24), steals (8-3) and blocks (3-0). In addition, Pacific shot a season-best 52.8 percent from the field.
- Jahlil Tripp was named the City of Stockton Human Resources Hardworking Player of the Game after nearly earning his first double-double of the season. Tripp finished with 16 points, eight rebounds, three assists, and one steal.
- Lafayette Dorsey was the Tigers top scorer. Matching his career-high of 19 points, Dorsey snagged his fifth-straight double-digit scoring performance.
Scouting UT-Permian Basin
- The Falcons are 6-1 on the season.
- Out-scores its opponents, 88.4 - 74.0, thanks to three 100-plus scoring efforts.
- Jacob Ledoux leads three players who average double-digits, scoring 16.4 points a game. Teammates Kyree Elder and Maurice Walton average 13.7 and 10.1 points per game, respectively. Ledoux also has a team-high 12 steals.
- Leading on the boards is Adam Rivera, who pulls down 6.1 rebounds per game.
How We Compare
- Pacific ranks third in the WCC with a 38.2 three-point field goal percentage.
- The Tigers are second behind Loyola Marymount in the WCC standings for rebounding defense (30.6 per game).
- Anthony Townes is fourth in field goal percentage (62.3).
- Lafayette Dorsey is second in free throw percentage (94.6).
- Ajare Sanni is second in three point field goal percentage (51.5).
Fans be sure to follow Pacific men's basketball on Twitter (@PacificMensBB) and on Instagram at pacificmensbb.
In addition, fans can download the Pacific Tigers App, which is available for both IOS and android devices. Once you have downloaded the App you can select your favorites and receive up to date notifications on releases and scores.