STOCKTON, Calif. - The men's golf team kicks off it's 2018-19 campaign this upcoming week. The Tigers travel to the Erie, Colorado this Monday to play in the University of Colorado's Mark Simpson Invitational.
The tournament will stretch for two days starting at 8:00 AM on Monday, Sept. 25, followed by another 8:00 AM tee off time on Tuesday, Sept. 25. Live stats of the tournament will be provided via golfstat.com.
The Mark Simpson Invitational is set to be played at the Colorado National Golf Club. The host of two NCAA Regional Championships (2010, 2011), Colorado National Golf Club stretches over 7,676 yards of green with strategically placed water features, bunkers, and elevation changes.
Mark Simpson Invitational
Where: Colorado National Golf Club; Erie, Colo.
When: Monday, Sept. 24 - Tuesday, Sept. 25
Forecast: High of 78, low of 38. Mostly sunny. Winds ENE at 9 mph.
Holes/Course Par/Yardage: 18 holes, par 72, 7,676 yards
Links: Live stats
2017 In Review:
- The Tigers played in ten tournaments last year, earning top-10 finishes in six of those events.
- The Orange and Black had five players finish in the top-20 or better, Austin Fox led the way with four top-20 finishes.
- Pacific held a team stroke average of 295.16
- The Tigers had their best finish of the season at the Grand Canyon University Invitational placing second overall out of 15 teams with a tounament-total of 852.
- Casey Scott snagged his first career-victory at the GCU Invite with a six-under par finish and final score of 207.
- As a team, the Orange and Black had five players record 50 birdies or more throughout the season.
Hititing The Green:
The Tigers are set to bring five players for this upcoming week's tournament:
- Scott played in all ten events last season for the Tigers holding a stroke average of 74.16, second best on the team.
- The Indio, Calif. native had his best outing at the GCU Invite winning the tournament by a score of six-under par (207).
- Scott carded 79 birdies and one eagle on the season.
- The junior golfer finished with seven rounds below par on the year.
- Fox competed in all ten tournaments for Pacific, holding the best stroke average on the team with 73.80.
- Fox also recorded a team-best 83 birdies and four eagles for the Orange and Black last year.
- The Folsom, Calif. native recorded four top-20 finishes during his sophomore year including his season-best eighth place finish at the Tigers' Visit Stockton Pacific Invitational shooting eight under.
- Fox posted eight rounds below par.
- Forest saw action in six of the Tigers' ten events last season.
- The redshirt sophomore posted a stroke average of 75.16 and knocked in 41 birdies on the year.
- Forest made one top-20 finish last season tying for 14th overall in his first appearance of the year at the Nick Watney Invitational.
- Hornsangchai played in all ten events for the Orange and Black last year.
- The senior held the third-lowest stroke average on the team with 74.83.
- Hornsangchai carded 74 birdies, the third most on the team.
- The Thailand native had his best finish of the season at the WCC Championships where he tied for 19th place.
- Despite sitting out the 2017 season due to injury, Burnes proved to be a key element to the Tigers' rotation of golfers during his sophomore year playing in seven events and holding a stroke average of 74.40, fourth on the team.
- The redshirt junior had his best finish on the green at the Del Walker Intercollegiate Tournament where he tied for sixth overall shooting just two over par (212).
- Burnes also finished the 2016 year out hot holding the lowest score on the team at six under at the West Coast Conference Championships and tying for ninth place.