Aug 25, 2018
- Pacific started four players that made their first appearance as Tigers in the season opener. They were: sophomore goalkeeper Ethan Bandre, freshman midfielder Jose Sosa, freshman midfielder Ryan Her, and junior forward Jonathan Jimenez. Freshman Cooper Riley and Momoru Kamisasanuki would go enter as subs later in the game for their first appearance.
- Pacific got the ball forward early and often to start the game. The Tigers earned five corner kicks in the opening 23 minutes.
- In the 14th minute, Jimenez picked up his first yellow card of the season.
- In the 26th minute, UAB's Louis-Etienne Nzonza scored the opening goal after a breakaway up the middle. He buried his shot in the center of the goal to give the Blazers a 1-0 lead.
- UAB outshot Pacific 4-3 in the opening 45 minutes.
- The Tigers managed only two shots and a corner in the opening 25 minutes of the second half, but spent the final 20 pouring on the pressure against UAB, tallying six more to close out regulation.
- In the 64th minute, UAB's Chris Reichman picked up a yellow card.
- In the 74th minute, Camden Riley picked up his first yellow card of the season.
- In the 83rd minute, UAB's Eder Mora picked up a yellow card.
- In the 89th minute, Camden Riley was brought down in UAB's 18-yard box to set up a penalty kick. UAB's keeper parried the initial shot, but Riley picked up his own rebound and scored to tie the game at 1-1 and send it to overtime with seconds left.
- The Tigers outshot UAB 9-5 in the second half.
- Pacific carried the moment into the second half, holding UAB to no shots and tallying two of their own.
- In the 98th minute, freshman Mamoru Kamisasanuki ran down the right wing, took on a defender inside the penalty area and put his shot past UAB's goalkeeper to clinch a 2-1 victory in the season opener and his first career game.
- There were a total of 26 fouls in the match, 15 called on UAB and 11 on Pacific.
- In the final 28 minutes of the match, Pacific outshot UAB 7-3.
- Ethan Bandre recorded five saves in his first collegiate start.
- Pacific is a perfect 4-0 in home openers.
- Kamisasanuki scored his first career goal and game-winning goal in the match, however, he also scored in Pacific's first exhibition against Westmont.