Pacific men's tennis competed at the Saint Mary's Invitational in Moraga today picked up a win in doubles play thanks to junior Akram El Sallaly and John Horoz Garner. Today's action will be Pacific's last at the Invitational.
In case you missed it:
- Saint Mary's Daniel Krutik rallied back from an opening set loss against El Sallaly to win, 2-6, 6-4, 6-3.
- Sacramento State's Louis Chabut defeated Horoz Garner after an opening set loss as well, 3-6, 6-3, 6-1.
- A third Tiger, freshman Chris Ma, also took an opening set victory, but fell in three sets to Bailey Gong, 4-6, 6-4, 7-5.
- Freshman Levent Sever fell to Cal Poly's Karapet Vardanyan 6-2, 6-4.
- El Sallaly and Horoz Garner picked up the Tigers lone victory on the day in doubles when they defeated Pech and Moser 8-3. They would go on to fall in the second round to Thamma and Goulak 8-5.
Coach Redondo's thoughts:
"Today was a tough day. Three of the singles matches were in our hands but our execution wasn't good today. Everyone had the opportunity and that was frustrating to watch us lose in three sets. I think it was a good wake-up call and will give us an opportunity to get better in certain areas individually and as a team. Hats off to our opponents for hanging tough today to get the wins."