ANN ARBOR, Mich. – The University of the Pacific field hockey team forced overtime late in the second half, but came up short in a 2-1 loss to #7 Michigan.
In Case You Missed It:
- Michigan's offense was a force in the first half, getting off 10 shots with two landing on target.
- Pacific's defense hung tough, keeping the Wolverines at bay to take it 0-0 to the half.
- Three minutes into the second half, Michigan took the lead, 1-0.
- Late in the second, Hayley Kilfoil pushed a pass from the right sideline to hit Rylee Comeau in front of the net for the tip in and to tie the game 1-1 to force overtime.
- In overtime, the Wolverines scored a quick goal to claim the victory, 2-1.
By the Numbers:
- The Tigers made three shot attempts with one landing on target.
- Marlise van Tonder faced 17 shots, making four saves. She held a first half shut out after facing 10 shots with two saves.
- Pacific falls to 3-3 on the season, while the Wolverines improve to 2-3.
The Tigers close out their three-game road trip on Sunday at Michigan State with game time set for 10:00 a.m. PST.