Portland, Ore.--- Pacific women's soccer (2-11-0, 0-4-0 WCC) fell on the road on Sunday afternoon to Portland (10-5-0, 3-1-0 WCC). The Tigers got a goal from junior midfielder Katelyn Chandler, her first of the year. However, the Pilots got three goals from the West Coast Conference's leading goal scorer and point earner, Taryn Ries, and the fourth goal from Hanna Armendariz to see off the Tigers.
Pacific will keep searching to get back in the win column next week back at Knoles Field when Pacific hosts San Francisco (8-5-1, 1-1-1 WCC) on Sunday.
- Sophomore Nikki Leishman, who celebrated her birthday on Sunday, picked up her first start since September 2 with her inclusion in today's starting XI.
- In the 10th minute, the Pilots opened the scoring when Ries made a run down the left wing into the penalty area and placed her shot just beyond Tiger goalkeeper Regan Heslop's reach. Kimberly Hazlett earned an assist on the play.
- In the 24th minute, the Pilots got a breakaway in the penalty area that senior Bianca Lopez broke up with a challenge from behind that earned her a yellow card and gave the Pilots a penalty kick. Ries converted on it for her second goal of the game.
- In the 31st minute, the Tigers nearly scored their first goal when senior Kendall Bietsch sent in a corner kick to the far post that found freshman Abigail Wolf in space. Wolf shot the ball on goal, but it was cleared off the line by a Pilot defender.
- In the 37th minute, the Tigers scored their first goal of the match. The attack started when Lopez took a crack at goal from range, her shot hit the crossbar and went back into play. Another Tiger took a shot from close range that was parried back to Lopez who played a cross to Chandler who headed it in. It was Chandler's first goal and Lopez's first assist of the season.
- Both teams took their shots in the first half, The Tigers took eight while the Pilots had nine.
- Heslop made three saves in the contest, all of which came in the opening 45 minutes.
- In the 55th minute, Ries completed her hat trick and scored her 13th goal of the season when she got on the end of a cross from Armendariz and headed it home. Larkin Russell earned an assist on the play as well.
- In the 65th minute, Portland scored its final goal of the match when Armendariz scored a goal that bounced off of a teammate on a corner kick. Russell, who took the corner, got the assist.
- In the 86th minute, Portland's Ellie Winkelmann was served a yellow card.
- Pacific's goal in the 37th minute snapped a three-match goalless streak that dated back to September 21 against Cal State Bakersfield.
- The Tigers committed only five fouls in the match, just less than their 5.82 per match average which is seventh best in the nation.