TUCSON, Ariz. - The women's volleyball team dropped a 3-0 match to Arizona on Saturday. The Tigers (3-3) fell by set scores of 25-22, 25-19, and 25-21. The Wildcats improve to 6-0 following the win.
In Case You Missed It:
● The Tigers got off to a 7-2 start against the Wildcats in the first set scoring four straight unanswered points for the early lead.
● Arizona battled back, however, scoring five straight in the following sequence and three straight pivotal points to draw a 23-20 advantage at the end of the set.
● Pacific did not give up the set without a fight, pulling away with a 16-12 edge following a kill by Lines and and two errors by the Wildcats. Lines and Patterson led the charge for the Orange and Black in the first with four kills a piece.
● Pacific once took ahold of the moment and grabbbed an early lead, 10-4, in the second set forcing U of A to take two early timeouts.
● The Tigers unfortunately struggled after that point, giving up seven points to help Arizona pull back in contention trailing just 13-11. Pacific would score on three Wildcat errors during that stretch.
● Lines would tally six of her 14 kills for the day in the second but her efforts weren't enough as the Tigers were outscored 9-3 to drop the set by a final score of 19-25.
● Ramsey scored three of the Orange and Black's first four points off kills.
● With Pacific trailing Arizona close early on, the Tigers managed to knot up the score, 8-8, following a kill off middleback Lauren Cline.
● The Wildcats would score three straight points on two separate occasions however to regain the lead and secure a 21-25 victory to win the match.
Up Next For The Tigers:
● Pacific hits the road next week as the team travels to University of Northern Colorado this upcoming Friday for the UNC Volleyball Classic.
● There they will take on Alabama State (3-4), Northern Colorado (2-4), and San Jose State (1-2).
● The Tigers will first square off against Alabama State, coming off an 0-3 loss to Wofford.