STOCKTON, Calif. - The University of the Pacific women's cross-country team will travel up north to the NCAA West Regional this Friday. The Tigers look to make a break in postseason form as they approach the end of their year.
Hagging Oaks Golf Complex | Sacramento, California | 11:00 AM MDT
Weather: High of 68, Low of 41. Partly sunny. Chance of Precipitation: 0%
Teams competing: Pacific, Oregon, Boise State, Stanford, Washington, Portland
Last Time Out…
Pacific last competed in the WCC Championships located at Provo, Utah on October 27 which concluded with:
- Jasmine Gonzalez set a Pacific record in 18th place at the 6k event, the highest mark by a Pacific runner in program history.
- Gonzalez ended the race with 21:56.80 time and an average of 5:53.2 per mile.
- Emma Winkler trailed behind and recorded the 2ndhighest finish in school history by with in 31stplace and a time of 22:34.90.
- Saira Purhar also finished closely behind and tacked on a personal record with a 22:39.60 time and 35thoverall.
- Junior Emily Wylie set a season-best (23:52.70).
Best Times of the Season…
- Jasmine Gonzalez set a personal record twice during her junior year: On Sept. 28, 5,000-meter event (18:36.0) which helped the Tigers to defeat the Gonzaga Bulldogs for the first time in Pacific history and Oct. 13, in the 6k event (21:12.7) at the Bronco Invitational.
- Emma Winkler has been on a roll in setting personal records from Sept. 28 (19:32.7) at the Montana Invitational and Oct. 13 (22:06.5). Winkler improved her time at the 5k event on Sept. 15 at the BYU Autumn Classic with a time of 19:45.3.
- Emily Wylie marked two season-bests throughout the course of the season: On Sept 28 – 20:24.3 and On Oct. 27 – 23:52.7 at the WCC Championships.
- Soph. Anna Martinez has recorded two personal times from Sept. 28 (20:46.9) and Oct. 13 (24:48.1). Also, she has recorded an improvement on a 5,000-meter event (20:54.0).
- Skylar Duignan set a season record on Sept. 28th, in a 5,000-meter event (21:48.8). Not only that, but she achieved a personal record on Oct. 13, in a 6,000-meter event (25:08.4)
NCAA West Regionals…
- The women's 6K event is set for an 11:00 AM start time PST. The event will be ran at Haggin Oaks Golf Complex and will be hosted by Sacramento State.
- Jasmine Gonzalez, Emma Winkler, Emily Wylie, Anna Martinez, and Skylar Duignan will all be competing in the 6k on Saturday.
- The 6k race will be streamed live on flotrack.org. Live results will also be available on recordtiming.com.